- University Life
Stories well told influence change, inspire action, and transform. At American University School of Communication (SOC), we empower storytellers.
In each one of our graduate programs, you are trained as a multi-platform communicator. Whether you hope to become a communication researcher, documentary or narrative filmmaker, strategist crafting a campaign or game developer designing new virtual worlds, we will teach you the in-demand skills critical to your professional success. You will also learn the critical theory and foundational underpinnings to sustain your career well into the future.
At SOC, you will meet, work with and learn from a constellation of movers and shakers–beginning with an award winning faculty, fellow students, guest speakers, and adjuncts. You will be enveloped in all the energy, ideas and opportunities unique to DC.
Advance your own story at SOC. Now is the time. This is the place. Apply now.
|• Ph.D. in Communication
• M.A. in Film and Media Arts
• M.F.A. in Film and Electronic Media
• M.A. in Game Design
• M.A. in Interactive Journalism
• M.A. in International Media
|• M.A. in Journalism and Public Affairs
• M.A. in Media Entrepreneurship
• M.A. in Political Communication
• M.A. in Producing Film, Television and Video
• M.A. in Strategic Communication
• Professional M.A. in Strategic Communication